Valley Forge High School was known as the "Space Age School". It opened in the Fall of 1961, and was considered one of the most economical and efficient high schools in the country. Its architectural design shaved thousands of dollars from costs of traditionally designed high schools. It cost the school system $1,500,000 less to construct Valley Forge than it did to build Parma Senior High in 1953.

Some of the interesting features were seven science laboratories, a planetarium, language laboratory, a congenial library, and two open courts within the school which seems to bring the outside inside. The capacity of the building was 2,000 students. The seating capacity of the auditorium was 1,256 and the seating capacity of the gymnasium was 2,600. The cafeteria seated 600. The total cost of the building, including equipment and supplies, was $4,136,791.17.

Students entering the school in September of 1961 were Freshmen from Parma’s junior high schools and Sophomores and Juniors from Parma Senior High School.

Most of the Junior Class activities during 1961-2 were held in conjunction with juniors at Parma Senior High. As VF became accredited in 1962, they became the first Senior Class of VF in 1962, and the first graduating class of VF in June 1963.

Principals That Have Served VF

David M. Smith - 1961 to 1977
David J. Laurenzi - 1977 to 1990
John D. Roberts - 1990 to 1999
Steele Nowlin - 1999 to 2007
Janine Andrzejewski - 2007 to Present